Thursday, February 21, 2013

Celebrating St David's & St Patrick's...

 I think I first became aware of St David's Day when I had Mrs Rogers as my, what is now called year 3, teacher.  She could throw a piece of chalk with lightning speed at the desks of those that weren't paying attention or chatting in class!  I remember buying a leek broach for her at a charity shop and giving it to her as a gift =)  In year 6 we visited a place that looked very much like the river shown in Urban poppy's photo, during our week away with the school.  It was so beautiful there!  St David's Day is on the 1st of March.


As for St Patrick's Day on the 17th of March, well I can't remember not being aware of it!  There have always been Irish folk in my life. My sister's hubby is from Dublin and they have been together for 14 years, with Bewley's tea finding a place in my kitchen.  As an adult I've discovered Guinness.  A small glass poured cold from a glass bottle is not only good for you, its yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment