Saturday, December 13, 2014

What does a Jewellery Maker Wear...

 Well I've swapped my petite earrings for these lovelies recently.  Since Autumn I've felt the need for lovely purples and reds in my wardrobe.  I made these earrings a few years ago and have found myself wearing them daily.  Their a nice weight, not too heavy and a good length, not getting caught up in my scarf.  As these are real rubies and there are quite few of them, I used lever back ear wires to make sure they stay put in my ears.  Wire wrapped with sterling silver wire, I added tiny orissa garnets and Swarovski crystals to complete these earrings.
 And here are my most worn bracelets at the moment.  One bracelet is simply made of faceted black onyx rondelle beads and sterling silver.  The second is made of a combination of rose quartz, red jade, amethyst, rhodonite, fluorite, a onyx butterfly, fair trade Karen Hill Tribe black silver beads and sterling silver wire.  I love the combination on the two bracelets and the combining colours, they help ward off the cold =)

No comments:

Post a Comment